What's Next at Sauipe
There is Always Room for Improvement
At Sauipe we believe that it's never enough. We truly believe that there is always room for growth and improvement. In terms of sustainability, our next steps include:
I know, it is so nice to receive a gift or a purchase in a very nice embossed box with ribbons, colors, and all the nice details. But at the end of the day, we all throw packaging in the trash. And surprise!!! Most of them are not recyclable, let alone compostable.
We know our customers LOVE our plastic reusable bag with our logo on it. Thanks! We love it too, and although our bag is recyclable - that is not enough.
So here is what will change:
By March 2021, Sauipe will:
- replace the plastic Sauipe bag with an environmentally safe solution that is also reusable. You will love it too!
- replace the cardboard box with an environmentally safe package. Larger orders (3 or more units) will still be packaged in a box
- orders that ship in a box will be closed with paper tape - not plastic anymore. The box and tape will be recyclable. Depending on where you live, you may be able to put them in compost bins
- we will NOT send a printed invoice in your package. You will continue to receive an electronic conformation of your order.
- if you are purchasing a GIFT and would like us to package the suit in a box, you can let us know. No extra cost for that.
Sauipe is sold at a number of boutiques, hotels and resorts across the U.S. and the Caribbean. Each suit is packaged in the same way you receive yours: in that nice plastic (recyclable) bag with our logo.
By August 2020, Sauipe is committed to:
- packaging each unit shipped to retail stores in a new bag that is biodegradable
- using paper tape to close the boxes
Let us know if you have any great ideas!
If you would like to share your thoughts, send us suggestions, or would like to receive more details about Sauipe's commitment to a cleaner environment, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.